AUCTION LOCATION: Live Auction will be held in the Eye Candy Saloon at the Resort with simultaneous Online bidding available. 20158 137th Place, Sturgis, SD.
Shade Valley Camp Resort is a ±480 acre Full Service Camp Resort located less than ten minutes East of Sturgis on Hwy 34 in Bear Butte Valley within the shadow’s edge of Bear Butte.
During the world famous Sturgis Motorcycle Rally with an annual attendance that can exceed 750,000, Shade Valley is strategically positioned to be a critical part of the solution to the challenges to hosting a major rally of this magnitude.
Shade Valley was engineered to be a city, built for expansion and built with infrastructure to accommodate large populations and host thousands of people comfortably and in style.
- Private well backed up by a Government Rural Water System
- Complete DENR approved sewage lagoon evaporation pond
- Approx. 12 miles of buried underground water, sewer, and electrical infrastructure
- Nearly 10 miles of improved roads
- Natural outdoor amphitheater with the potential to host literally thousands of concert attendees with very little expansion effort
- (4) State-approved dump & fill stations for RVs
- (3) large comfort stations – (2) ±3,344 sq. ft. each with 32 showers, 32 sinks, & 28 stools with a 3rd being ±2,800 sq. ft. with showers, sinks, & stools
Campground facilities were specifically designed to entertain and serve large crowds for the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Shade Valley is accented everywhere with antiques, local historical items of interest, animal mounts of all kinds & species, and much more.
- ±6,392 sq. ft. Natural-Log Lodge, currently used for check-in & C-Store
- ±14,000 sq. ft. Legendary “Eye Candy Saloon” - a fantastic structure that doubles as an Event Center hosting weddings, family reunions & other large gatherings
- ±1,888 sq. ft. Commercial Kitchen (30’x32’ building) and attached covered beer garden
- Two shops, ±512 sq. ft. each with cement floors and air conditioning & are currently used for a Tattoo Shop and Liquor Storage
- Full liquor license, hard spirits, wine, and malt beverage
- 40 ft. x 24 ft. Covered Outdoor Stage
- ±400 full-service RV sites
- Approx. 3,000 sites that are a mix of electricity only or water/electric
- ±100 cabins with each sleeping from 2-8 people
- Numerous Shade Valley – owned RV Rentals and over 50 ready-to-rent tents
- Unlimited general camping with 2 miles of shaded “Spring Creek” frontage
- Several hundred sun shelters and an untold number of picnic tables, etc.
NOTE: All of the above structures and infrastructure is less than 12 years old!
TRACT 1: ±263.0 Ac. & includes all of the primary campground with ALL facilities & includes liquor license & signage. NO personal property.
TRACT 1-A: Tract 1 above & to include virtually all of the existing personal property including maintenance equip., RVs, golf carts, inventory, a multitude of antiques & decorator items making this a complete “turn-key” operation.
TRACT 2: ±54 Ac. lying north of Tract 1 with access off 137th Ave. This parcel is integral for the parking area of the potential concert area on the north end of Tract 1.
UNIT 1 – 2: ±317 Ac. The combination of Tracts 1 & 2 above. For a world-class campground venue with a built-in amphitheater with parking, this is a must-have combination.
TRACTS 3, 4, 5 & 6: Each tract is ±40 ac. and all have access off either 137th Ave. to the west, or Hwy 34 on the east via a 66’ wide access easement.
ENTIRE UNIT: ±477 Ac. Includes Tracts 1 thru 6 above…as well as ALL of the personal property.
Shade Valley is located on a historic Meade County Ranch near the abandoned town of Bear Butte Valley in a very tranquil setting with fish in the creek and wildlife in the meadows. This is a truly impressive property.
- Original Homestead house – 24’x40’ – fully furnished
- 1st Home on the property (±1,220 sq. ft.) (3) bedrooms, (1) bath w/full unfinished basement
- 2nd House (±1,308 sq. ft. main - ±1,308 sq. ft. basement) completely furnished w/detached 28’x24’ garage.
- Separate 50’x27’ detached garage w/concrete floor & metal roof
- Historic Original Barn – 24’x40’
- Morton Shop Building is 54’x90’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- West Quonset Building is 40’x96’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- East Quonset Building is 39’x60’ w/concrete floor, metal siding & roof
- Total Sq. Ft. of the above 3 support buildings is approx. 11,040 sq. ft.
- Multiple granaries
PROPERTY INSPECTION: Please contact Martin Jurisch at (605) 484-1353 OR Tom Rau at (605) 390-2735 for an early private inspection. Auctioneer/Broker represent Seller’s interest. Broker Participation invited. Call for details. www.tomrau.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Offered in individual tracts, one smaller unit, and an entire unit, selling in the manner realizing the greater return. 15% nonrefundable earnest money day of auction with the balance due in cash or certified funds upon closing. Closing to take place on or before October 20, 2017. Possession upon closing. Taxes, based upon the 2016 assessment, shall be prorated to the date of closing. Property sold by legal description and Meade County Assessor’s data. Buyer to verify any square footage and occupancy standards and are urged to rely upon their own judgment and inspection of the property. Visual auction maps, if any, have been prepared for marketing purposes only, are approximate only and buyers should rely upon their own judgment and inspection of the subject property. Property sells without Buyer contingency of any kind, please have your financial arrangements secured prior to bidding. Title insurance will be provided. Costs of the title insurance and closing agent fee to Black Hills Title Company shall be split equally between the Seller and Buyer. Property will be transferred by Warranty Deed subject to easements, assessments, and reservations of record. Sold subject to confirmation. The Auctioneers/Brokers are representing the Seller’s interests in this transaction. The property will be sold in “As Is” condition without any warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the nature, condition, or description of any improvements or property herein; please inspect to the extent deemed necessary and rely on your own judgment when bidding. All information in this literature was derived from sources deemed reliable; however, neither Seller nor Auctioneers/Brokers are making any guaranties or warranties, actual or implied. Any announcements made day of auction supersede any and all previously printed material and any other oral statements made.
“This will be sold as a turnkey business and will remain open”. PLEASE VISIT WWW.SHADEVALLEY.COM for more information.